• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

digiscoping Kit (1 Viewer)

Looking at the link I'm guessing you don't have a scope, correct? The first and best starting point for us helping to advise you is what kind of money were you looking to spend? If you're talking about starting from scratch then it looks like you'll need to factor in money for scope+eyepiece, tripod+tripod head, camera and adapter which won't come cheap even if you're not looking at the mid to top end stuff.

I have that scope and it is a good one. I do not use it for digiscoping and it seems very expensive to do so. The kit is not particularly good value when you can buy the scope for under £200 second hand. i bought mine with the non ds eyepiece for £157.

thanks guys - no scope as the one I had I lent it out and have never seen it again :( I have the samsung T30 camera which i am not sure will be any good.
Going of the kit above now anyway, might just look for a new scope, i have a old decent tripod as i have pentax SLR in the loft some where which i am just about to go looking for.

Will have a trot over to ebay and see what scopes are about.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back