• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss spring rebate (1 Viewer)

dham340

Zeiss is offering $50, $75, $125 rebates for the terra, conquest and victory until may 4.

I was considering the Terra's but the rebate puts the 8x32 conquests at the edge of affordability. Anybody have pros/cons for that?

Although at $299 the Terra might be a steal.

Zeiss is offering $50, $75, $125 rebates for the terra, conquest and victory until may 4.

I was considering the Terra's but the rebate puts the 8x32 conquests at the edge of affordability. Anybody have pros/cons for that?

Although at $299 the Terra might be a steal.

I know it's a lot more money, but the Conquest is so much better than the Terra, I would spend more to get much more.

Try them both if you can. The Terra 8x42 has an exit pupil of 5.2mm and eye relief of 18mm and the Conquest 8x32 has an exit pupil of 4mm with eye relief of 16mm. This can make a difference for some people. You might find the less expensive Terra easier to use because of that.

Bob

Try them both if you can. The Terra 8x42 has an exit pupil of 5.2mm and eye relief of 18mm and the Conquest 8x32 has an exit pupil of 4mm with eye relief of 16mm. This can make a difference for some people. You might find the less expensive Terra easier to use because of that.

Bob

I have both and both are very easy to use re; blackouts and eye-relief, at least for me. Optically, its a no-brainer but the OP would have decide for himself if the differences were worth the cost.

I have both and both are very easy to use re; blackouts and eye-relief, at least for me. Optically, its a no-brainer but the OP would have decide for himself if the differences were worth the cost.

Yes, optically is is a no brainer and at the costs involved it should be. But the question always boils down to whether one can take advantage of the better technology which at the level below the very top can also have issues.

There currently is an issue with the length of the Conquest's eye cups being too short on their 8x42s for people who don't wear glasses. If OP doesn't wear glasses, I think it would also be prudent for him to try out the 8x32 Conquest to see if they work for him. There were a couple of comments about the 8x32 also being short.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=266432

Bob

Last edited:
Yes, optically is is a no brainer and at the costs involved it should be. But the question always boils down to whether one can take advantage of the better technology which at the level below the very top can also have issues.

There currently is an issue with the length of the Conquest's eye cups being too short on their 8x42s for people who don't wear glasses. If OP doesn't wear glasses, I think it would also be prudent for him to try out the 8x32 Conquest to see if they work for him. There were a couple of comments about the 8x32 also being short.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=266432

Bob

Hi Bob

The longer eye cups are leaving the factory now so should be available around the world 'within soon'.

Don't have any info on exactly when the new eye cups will be fitted to newly produced Conquests but presumably that will be soon.

Lee

Thanks for the replies....

Thanks all for the replies. I'm still waivering about which bin to get.
I wear glasses so there's that.

one thing that might help...anyone have any experience with buying demo bins? I found a demo conquest hd 8x32 incredibly discounted off list. But I'm concerned ... Warranty, original box, case, etc... If it would be eligible for the zeiss rebate, than I think it becomes a no brainer. Probably just going to call the store and ask, but if anyone has experience....

the only thing I know for sure is I am buying a new bin in 1 week. It will either be: terra hd 8x42, conquest hd 8x32 or (a new one) vortex viper hd 8x32.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back