• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

October Butterflies (1 Viewer)

Been seeing a few dragonflies too (maybe one for an october odanata thread) - Is Common Darter the default late autumn dragonfly then?

I had Peacock, Brimstone, Red Admiral, Speckled Wood, Comma and Small Copper, Common Darter and Southern Hawker on the 25th and Migrant Hawker yesterday, Have had Common Darter into the first week of December before now. The chilly overnighter last night might have put paid to some of the later fliers though.

I had Peacock, Brimstone, Red Admiral, Speckled Wood, Comma and Small Copper, Common Darter and Southern Hawker on the 25th and Migrant Hawker yesterday, Have had Common Darter into the first week of December before now. The chilly overnighter last night might have put paid to some of the later fliers though.

Nice! Which part of the UK?

Should get the dragonfly book out I guess then ...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back