• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new televid (82 or 65) ever ready case (1 Viewer)

Hello, I bought the case for the census Televid 65. It is very expensive, but very well built, very well adjusted, it's a little hard to pull from the sun but ...
Englais excuse my bad, I'm in France.

Hello, I bought the case for the census Televid 65. It is very expensive, but very well built, very well adjusted, it's a little hard to pull from the sun but ...
Englais excuse my bad, I'm in France.

i bought one today, i never use the sunchield so i never pull it out, and i bought also a sigma uv filter to protect the front lens .

The sun does not take away from light, more lorqu'il rains is the best way to protect the front lens ... Attention to the filter, I've seen for a long fall forward, the filter was stowed away, the front lens was scratched. If the sun was made by, there probably would have had nothing.

The sun does not take away from light, more lorqu'il rains is the best way to protect the front lens ... Attention to the filter, I've seen for a long fall forward, the filter was stowed away, the front lens was scratched. If the sun was made by, there probably would have had nothing.

ok, but the sunshield is not very easy to pull out on the leica , is it with you also.

Hello, yes me too by the sun is hard to draw, but I saw on another long view, it goes much better with time ... It's like good wine from leica, it has to grow old a bit ....

Hello, yes me too by the sun is hard to draw, but I saw on another long view, it goes much better with time ... It's like good wine from leica, it has to grow old a bit ....

i have the case now and its a good one i think ?, have you already used the case in the rain ?????

No, I just bought the holster, but I do not think there will be a problem using it in the rain ... If I understand your question, my English is very bad, I use the Google translator .

No, I just bought the holster, but I do not think there will be a problem using it in the rain ... If I understand your question, my English is very bad, I use the Google translator .

no problem, the case is the holster i think , like they say in the manual , the "ever ready case"

I bought the Leica stay on case for my Televid 82. I like the magnetic fasteners on the eyepiece & objective lens covers, much quieter than Velcro. I also think that the eyepiece cover is the best i've used and seen on a scope case!.

No problems pulling out the lens hood once I got used to it.

It also seems to be waterproof, used many times in heavy rain on the Welsh coast.

I think this is a brilliant case. The use of magnets on the eyepiece and obj lens covers is great.

The only problem I encountered over compared to my old Televid 77 case was there was nowhere to secure the obj lens cover when using the scope and it flapped around - not ideal! With the old 77 case the the cover could be secured with the velcro fastener fine.

This was solved recently by a friend of mine who suffered the same problem by putting a steel D ring alongside one of the existing plastic D rings at the front of the case. The magnet on the lens cover now simply snaps to the steel D ring. Genius!

I think this is a brilliant case. The use of magnets on the eyepiece and obj lens covers is great.

The only problem I encountered over compared to my old Televid 77 case was there was nowhere to secure the obj lens cover when using the scope and it flapped around - not ideal! With the old 77 case the the cover could be secured with the velcro fastener fine.

This was solved recently by a friend of mine who suffered the same problem by putting a steel D ring alongside one of the existing plastic D rings at the front of the case. The magnet on the lens cover now simply snaps to the steel D ring. Genius!

have you used the case already in the rain ?

have you used the case already in the rain ?

Not yet, but I expect it to perform the same as the case on my T77 which was on there for 14 years without any problems - brilliantly - if thats the word. Its on the scope and its forgotten about. I dont expect it not to do the job I want it to - provide more protection to the scope.

To be honest, I still dont understand what the concerns are with these cases. Stay on cases have been around for years and all the ones I have used have been fine (on Kowa, Nikon and Leica scopes) and friends of mine have never raised any issues with their cases over the years.

To be honest, I still dont understand what the concerns are with these cases. Stay on cases have been around for years and all the ones I have used have been fine (on Kowa, Nikon and Leica scopes) and friends of mine have never raised any issues with their cases over the years.

i have heard en seen that you can see trough the case on the seams (stiches)
, so i was wondering when water is getting trough this and comes between the scope an case , it is moisture ?

i have heard en seen that you can see trough the case on the seams (stiches)
, so i was wondering when water is getting trough this and comes between the scope an case , it is moisture ?

I cant see through the seams of the two cases I have here.

A suggestion. If you think your scope has had such a soaking that water may have got between the case and scope, take the case off and look! If its wet then dry it, dry the case and put it back on.

I've never seen these cases as offering additional waterproofing. The scope is waterproof. The case offers some additional protection against knocks, it includes caps for both ends of the scope and an alternative carrying method. Its an accessory. It isnt an integral part of the actual scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back