• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod legs for my manfrotto 141rc head (1 Viewer)

sue666

Hi
I was looking through the internet for a set of Manfrotto tripod legs to go with my existing 141rc head that i aquired from my brother, but am now bewilderd with the choice. Can some of you birding experts give me some ideas please on what to go for, my setup is a Nikon D100 + Sigma 50-500.
Does anyone have this setup? If so, what are you using with it?
Many thanks Sue

I gave my 141rc to my brother as they are quite heavy but great if you don't intend to carry them to far? I still use my 190pro as I like the horizontal central column option for some shots. Another popular model is the 190NAT with foam on the legs that makes it more comfortable to carry. As for the carbon fibre models they seem quite bulky when compared to the aluminium models IMHO. I would check out the various models as a good tripod will last for years and you can always change to a lighter head in the future.
http://www.manfrotto.com/303SPH/

I am 6ft tall, and for my height i need the 055 series tripod.
I use the 141RC 3-way pan-tilt head.

Though the overall weight is a burden, the tripod is worth the
effort. With padding on two legs, i can carry the setup on my
shoulder.

Please dont use the center column, it reduces stability.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back