• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Daily Express cartoonist (1 Viewer)

Archie Opteryx

Over a while (but I should state now that it is borrowed newspapers for flicking through on the throne, honest!) I have noticed that the main cartoonist for the Express (Phil Thompson?) might well be a birder on the side. Every time I see one of his cartoons, he sticks a bird in it, but accurate enough for the species to be readily identified. The other day a waxwing, recently a blue tit and as per attached a grey plover in the Buck House gardens!

He may even be lurking on here...

Attachments

• 20121130_072147 grey plover (2) (1024x768).jpg
    20121130_072147 grey plover (2) (1024x768).jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 221
Yes, I always look for the birdie when I read the paper. He sometimes hides his birds, so you have to look pretty hard.
Jackie

If not, we shall have to try to get him on board. Maybe he could draw a cartoon with someone looking at BF on the computer. :t:
There is a Paul Thomas from London who is a member but he hasn't been active since June last year. I suppose it is quite a common name though. I didn't notice any little birds in his previous posts, though. ;)

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back