• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Who's poo? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Found these little beauties this afternoon while taking a stroll over the local countryside, not sure if they're from some kind of small deer..they looked too large to be from a Rabbit!! Didn't have any poo measuring apparatus with me so I guess the leaves next to the piles is as good a guide as I can give to the approximate size.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Matt

Attachments

• 100_7184 [].JPG
    100_7184 [].JPG
    148 KB · Views: 335
Thought you might have had some guesses at least Matt!! It also looks like deer poo to me, possibly Muntjac or Roe deer? Alternatively it could have been a late gift from the Easter Bunny!!! ;):-O

Pooh is the friendly bear from the children's books by A.A.Milne. Full name; Winnie-the-Pooh . . .

('Any' thoughts welcomed?? . . . ;) )

I'll go with a small deer, we only get roe here.. I wouldn't know how Muntjac or chinese water deer would differ!

The dog says it's a scooby-snack

Muntjac scat is more cylindrical: don't know about CWD. I would go with Roe Deer but has anyone considered Brown Hare? I am not sure I have ever found Brown Hare excreta though I've seen plenty of Mountain Hare which is more ovoid.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back