• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer Meet 2011 (2 Viewers)

Thanks for mentioning the date Jim..don't think we have firmed up the date yet.
So hands up everybody - vote for 10th July or 24th July.

Mark and Rob favour 24th

Waccoe and Jim the 10th

so 2 each so far

I'm okay either date so won't put my name to any yet.

Last edited:
bumping this up again...

so far we are at 3-2 for the 24th ... the other date is the 10th

I'm neutral as either is okay with me

Don't want to cast a vote as my plans are a bit uncertain around the time. If I can come whichever date is decided then I will.

Right as no consensus on date so far and the weather outlook for the 10th is probably damp what say we confirm the 24th as the date for the meet?

The more the merrier MC.
I've only come down on the side of 24th due to having driven nigh on 400 miles in the last 36 hours and wanting a kip on Sunday.

That will tend to gel nearer the time.... at Spurn they charge per car so if we park up outside the area and car share in there less to pay, and with my car there's nothing to pay as I'm a Yorkshire Wildlife Trust member.

24th is good for me, I am new to this so where do you meet up. M.C.

thats the complicated bit...it usually only gets fixed up 100% in last 36 hours or so. What was the loose plan this time?

In the past we have been to Bolton Abbey, Arkengarthdale, Flamboro, filey, Spurn, Potteric, Pugneys, Wykeham, Barmston, Blacktoft, Faxfleet, Tophill Low and more and seen somewhere in the region of 205 species together on prearranged meets (no twitches pre-planned) including Amur Falcon, Great Shearwater, Western Bonelli's & Hume's Warbler, Black Kite, all 5 grebes, Honey Buzzard, Black Grouse and much more.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back