• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

long-tailed tit (1 Viewer)

Hubert

I'm looking for informations about taxonomy and areas of each subspecies. I'll be very greatful for scans sent on my mail :) hubert(at)przyroda.org

Hubert,

I have e-mailed the relevant sections of Cramp/BWP and Harrap & Quinn 1996 Tits, Nuthatches & Treecreepers.

Hope this helps.

Follow list from Bird taxa of the WP:
http://www.aerc.eu/DOCS/Bird_taxa_of _the_WP15.pdf

AEGITHALIDAE
Long-tailed Tit Aegithalos caudatus

Irbii-group
(1) irbii Southern Portugal, southern Spain, and Corsica [includes tyrrhenicus]
(2) italiae Mainland Italy and west Slovenia [includes romanus]
(3) siculus Sicily

Alpinus-group
(4) tephronotus Western half and central-south of Asia Minor
(5) major North-east Turkey, Caucasus, Transcaucasia (except south-east Azerbaydzhan) and north-west Iran [includes caucasica, dorsalis, senex]
(6) alpinus South-east Azerbaydzhan, northern Iran, and south-west Turkmenistan [includes poeltzami]
(7) passekii South-east Turkey and south-west Iran

Europaeus-group
(8) taiti Northern Portugal, northern Spain, and south-west and Mediterranean France [includes bureaui, pyrenaicus]
(9) aremoricus Western and west-central France [includes galliae]
(10) rosaceus Britain and Ireland [includes chlamyrhodomelanos]
(11) europaeus Continental west, central, and south-east Europe, from Belgium, north-east France, Alps, north of former Yugoslavia, northern and eastern Bulgaria, and north European Turkey north to Denmark, Germany, former Czechoslovakia, and Carpathians [includes expognathus, potyi]
(12) macedonicus Western and southern parts of former Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, south-west and south-central Bulgaria, and west European Turkey
(13) tauricus Crimea

Caudatus-group
(14) caudatus Northern Europe from Fenno-Scandia, Poland, and Ukraine (except Crimea) to Urals [includes brachyurus]
(15) sibiricus Northern Asia from Urals east to Kamchatka [includes kamtschaticus]

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back