• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ugly twig (1 Viewer)

katholdbird

Hi All I have a Bee-eater shot I want to print but they are sitting on a ugly twig, I have been able to darken the twig which improves the look, but I wondered if there is a way to put a bit of moss/greenery on the twig.Cheers Kath:eek!:

You can take an image you already have that has the type moss/greenery or take a new image of something you would like to use then in your photo-editing software open both images and make a selection of the moss/greenery and copy it then in the image with the "ugly twig" paste the new selection where you want it. You will probably have to use the clone tool and then move and adjust as needed to give it a more natural look. If you work in layers you should be able to fit the new selection where needed and erase parts easily without affecting the original image and then when all looks good "flatten" image/layers to finish, then post your before and after images for us friendly critics to admire and/or advise. :)

phil

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back