• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jenny's paintings (1 Viewer)

Nice work with the cardinal and bulbul. We used to get Red-whiskered Bulbuls round Sydney, but never managed to get close enough for a photo.

Thank you Gaby and Tony! These bulbuls that I was able to capture were in botanical garden here in China at the resting area, so I guess that they had learned that people meant food left overs and were not that shy...

Thank you ttbilbo!!

So, no new sketches since the last batch, even if I had set my self the task of doing several a week... But I have been trying to finish some paintings for a competition I wanted to enter. So here is a small 20x20cm painting I finished yesterday and submitted to a competition online today.

It is book pages, acrylic and oil on canvas. Spring mood, I call it!

Attachments

• springmood600.jpg
    springmood600.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 56
Thank you Gaby!

Next painting I finished yesterday, an Azure-winged magpie! I really like the background myself, but I am a bit unsure about the colors of the bird... I wanted the effect to be more ethereal, but it became more like a statement in stead. Maybe it doesn't matter ;)

Attachments

• 2012azure800.jpg
    2012azure800.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 48
Ken, Tony and Mike, thank you so much! I am glad it looks ok. It is just that I had a certain vision for this painting, and I did not really succeed in getting that... but, but. next time!;)

Been back, and soon of to London...

Hi all! I've been on a lovely long holiday back home to Finland. Since I came back I have been busy preparing for the upcoming Parallax art fair in London which I am going to participate in, and I am really looking forward going to London!!

If anybody is interested and lives near London, here is the info:
Parallax art fair in Chelsea Old Town Hall, king's Road, Chelsea, London. Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 October, 11-17 both days! I will be there in person as much as possible the whole weekend, so you are all welcome!

I finished two paintings this week just in time to take with me:
:-O

Attachments

• 2012likeajewel2.jpg
    2012likeajewel2.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 2012listentothesong.jpg
    2012listentothesong.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 73
I love your style, and sticking bits of sheet music in the background just adds all the noisy trilling you get from long tailed tits, most paintings of them are too silent!

Tim: Thank you! I have seen them only once in The Netherlands, and ever since I have wished to see them again, they are so darn cute!
Arthur: Thank you!
Nick: Thank you! I tried to catch their character, I am very glad if I succeeded!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back