• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scotland 2014 (1 Viewer)

Pauhana

United States
The wife has informed me we are going to Scotland in summer of 2014. Plans are still rather loose at this point. Hope to do some birding during our travels. Is there a suggested publication(s) that provides information about birding in Scotland?

Hi Pauhana

Opus will give you a good start for your research on places to go. Also if you can get hold of a copy of Gorden Hamlets book Best Birdwatching Sites in the Scottish Highlands (Gordon is a member here).

It would help if you could let us know what part of Scotland you're planning to visit and if there are any particular birds you'd like to see.

The wife has informed me we are going to Scotland in summer of 2014. Plans are still rather loose at this point. Hope to do some birding during our travels. Is there a suggested publication(s) that provides information about birding in Scotland?

Hi Pauhana,

If you intend visiting the the Scottish Highlands as part of your holiday, let me know what sort of things that you are interested in seeing as well as birds - history, scenery, distilleries, archaeology etc, and I'll send you some suggestions.

Cheers

Gordon

I can also highly recommend Gordon's book, it is a first class guide to all the best Highland sites and if he is also offering you a one to one guide as above you should take him up on this offer.:t:

Hi Pauhana,

If you intend visiting the the Scottish Highlands as part of your holiday, let me know what sort of things that you are interested in seeing as well as birds - history, scenery, distilleries, archaeology etc, and I'll send you some suggestions.

Cheers

Gordon

Just starting the planning stages right now. Will know more once we meet with tour people. Thinking of doing a self driving two week tour

Just starting the planning stages right now. Will know more once we meet with tour people. Thinking of doing a self driving two week tour

I have a copy of the Best Birdwatching Sites in the Scottish Highlands and think it would be an ideal guide for a two-week driving tour (the book was also recommended to me on here).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back