• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking to buy a Coolpix 4500 in the UK (1 Viewer)

agregco

Hi All,

This is my first post and after reading all about how good the CoolPix 4500 is for digiscoping I have been looking to see if I can buy one.

Warehouse Express,SRS and one or two others don't have any stock, I am looking on Ebay but no luck so far.
I think the problem is that Nikon have now stopped making them.

If anyone could point me in the direction of one it would be most appreciated.

I haven't been a member of the Birdforum for long but it is certainly addictive and a wealth of information.

Regards

Greg

NR Green in Poole had one in their window when I last passed about 2 weeks ago at about £400 I think. Don't know if they have still got it but may be worth a phone call
(01202) 744997.

Alternatively there is a second-hand one on Ebay which ends tomorrow at 11:24 currently standing at £255 with 14 bids!

I met a Dutchman in Spain last week at the Tarifa raptor watchpoint. The conversation drifted from eagles and kites to cameras when he noticed my 4500. He had a friend who, when he realised that they were so popular for digiscoping and that they were being discontinued, went out and bought a couple of hundred of them. I notice that the price of 4500s is creeping up again.

Not entirely relevant to your question, but interesting. A certain Dutchman looks set to make more than a few bob out of his foresight and outlay.

agregco said:
Hi All,

This is my first post and after reading all about how good the CoolPix 4500 is for digiscoping I have been looking to see if I can buy one.

Warehouse Express,SRS and one or two others don't have any stock, I am looking on Ebay but no luck so far.
I think the problem is that Nikon have now stopped making them.

If anyone could point me in the direction of one it would be most appreciated.

I haven't been a member of the Birdforum for long but it is certainly addictive and a wealth of information.

Regards

Greg

Greg,
If you want a second hand one I'm selling mine, I'm using a Canon A95 now, details below:

Coolpix 4500 camera in good condition, excellent lens quality.
3 batteries
2 battery chargers - MH53 & MH50
1 - 128Mb, 2 - 64Mb CF cards
USB cable, camera to TV leads
Instruction manual
Nikon View 5 & Ref. manual discs

£220 incl. postage

PM me if interested

john-henry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back