• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digital Camera Repair (1 Viewer)

abdujap13

Can anyone recommend a place in the UK to sort out the problem with my Nikon Coolpix 8800 digital camera? The camera is mostly used for bird & wildlife shots but is failing to focus reliably above half zoom and I suspect there is a problem with the optics. I could just try one of the Internet sites I have found but I always believe a recommended resource is best.

Nikon 8800 Focus issues

abdujap13 said:
Can anyone recommend a place in the UK to sort out the problem with my Nikon Coolpix 8800 digital camera? The camera is mostly used for bird & wildlife shots but is failing to focus reliably above half zoom and I suspect there is a problem with the optics. I could just try one of the Internet sites I have found but I always believe a recommended resource is best.

I cannot recommend a site as I am in the U.S. However, I can commiserate with you. I am sending my camera back to Nikon repair for the second time with the same issues. I am also experiencing Lens Error in Macro shots - the darn thing resets and refocuses just as I am about to take a great shot.

My old Coolpix 880 took a much better percentage of good shots - in focus!
Let me know how it works out.

Judy

Google for Lehmanns (my local is in Stoke on Trent). They are fully accredited Nikon and Canon repairers.

My sensor cleaning was only £30 and took 2 days.

Great service, nice folk, really know their onions.

g8ina said:
Google for Lehmanns (my local is in Stoke on Trent). They are fully accredited Nikon and Canon repairers.

My sensor cleaning was only £30 and took 2 days.

Great service, nice folk, really know their onions.

APM Camera Repairs in Newcastle.
Cleaned the sensor on my Canon 10D for £10 had it back within half a day

Tom

That was including Special Delivery postage both ways (about £6 each way) sorry....

Never realised it was that much cheaper elsewhere ! Lehmanns were highly recommended, did the job, I was happy ;)

Ah, that's a bit more reasonable, David.

You should have a try at it yourself though - it's really not too hard to clean the sensor.

Lehmanns renewed a focussing screen in a Canon 300d for me for about £35 plus postage and were pretty quick and helpful - did'nt even laugh when I told them how i did it!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back