• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

waxwings (1 Viewer)

dafi

well im happy to report my first waxwing of the year in my garden so i must go and put out some more apples before the sun sets yeeha

I'm hoping the 10 Waxwing will still be in North Seaton Cemetary tomorrow morning - they should be as the rowan trees are still laden with berries!

Put it this way.....Neil ain't going anywhere UNTIL I find those birds!!!!! Last time I saw them was in late March 1989 and I've managed to keep 'just' missing them for the following 18 years!!! Gosh, put like THAT i should be thoroughly ashamed of myself!!!!! ;)

Gill Osborne said:
I'm hoping the 10 Waxwing will still be in North Seaton Cemetary tomorrow morning - they should be as the rowan trees are still laden with berries!

Put it this way.....Neil ain't going anywhere UNTIL I find those birds!!!!! Last time I saw them was in late March 1989 and I've managed to keep 'just' missing them for the following 18 years!!! Gosh, put like THAT i should be thoroughly ashamed of myself!!!!! ;)
hi gill
how did you not ;) latch onto the invasion 2 years ago! :stuck: i had waxwings all over the place!! mates asking about strange looking birds in their gardens! (o)<

dafi said:
well im happy to report my first waxwing of the year in my garden so i must go and put out some more apples before the sun sets yeeha

Nice one.
Get it on the Hamnivoe and send it to Scrabster Please...........................Pretty please.

kas said:
Nice one.
Get it on the Hamnivoe and send it to Scrabster Please...........................Pretty please.
a trail of diced apple to stromness should do the trick then

seggs said:
hi gill
how did you not ;) latch onto the invasion 2 years ago! :stuck: i had waxwings all over the place!! mates asking about strange looking birds in their gardens! (o)<

Lord knows ;) That's why I'm DETERMINED to catch up with these ones - just hoping that Sparrowhawk hasn't chased them away for good.

dafi said:
a trail of diced apple to stromness should do the trick then
I will meet it at the other end. Just as well we did not get that wind or the ferry might have been cancelled.

Thanks
Did it come back today?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back