• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magnificent x Anna's hummingbird (1 Viewer)

Tiraya

San Diego CA
United Kingdom
I wondered if anyone had been to see this bird up at Eureka, CA. From what I know it has been around for nearly a decade but it seems little recorded. It is the most fantastic hummingbird in existence so I'm not sure why it has been overlooked...? Would do anything to see it myself but Los Angeles isn't close!

I hadn't heard of the hybrid before, thanks for posting about it. A stunning bird & a remarkable story. It's failure to have attracted more attention than it has is doubtless because hybrids aren't "tickable". What a shame that our hobby is so list-oriented these days!.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back