• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (1 Viewer)

Ha, Ive just seen some 'Sharpie' pens for sale in Tesco's...5 pens for £3.50....Summer school sale.....goin fast, dont forget yer loyalty card.....

Dont work Tim, Im never going to give you any serious competition......

Ha, Ive just seen some 'Sharpie' pens for sale in Tesco's...5 pens for £3.50....Summer school sale.....goin fast, dont forget yer loyalty card.....

Dont work Tim, Im never going to give you any serious competition......
. . . sounds cheap as chips; get some in! And get on with the scribbling Andy - great fun.

SWLA Submissions

Very nearly that time of year again and I could do with the assistance of the good folk down here - if you don't mind.
I'd quite like to see how these Sharpie paintings might be received at the Society - whether they're interesting enough for exhibition or are they too whimsical; anyway, as they have formed quite a substantial part of my creative output this year, I think I'd like to chance my arm with a couple . . . . so - out of these four, please would you give me your favourite two (just the numbers will suffice.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• DSCN5931%20-%20Copy.JPG
    DSCN5931%20-%20Copy.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN5953%20-%20Copy.JPG
    DSCN5953%20-%20Copy.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 92
  • swona%20cliffscape%20small.JPG
    swona%20cliffscape%20small.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 91
  • waxpen.jpg
    waxpen.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 100
. . . sounds cheap as chips; get some in! And get on with the scribbling Andy - great fun.

Yep, will do, but also Ive been and purchased (for my evening class primarily), some Pastels and a box of assorted Grey Charcoal.....Think were doing a mixed media module along with wax crayons. but also Ive got in mind some waves..Inspired by your work and the waves series by Colleen....

For me it's 1 and 3......love the movement in 3; you're brilliant at water, Tim and I also like the contrasting sides of the picture.........But I love those Puffin expressions in 2! I don't know, they are ALL good!

It was 2 and 3 for me too....but only just as 4 is jolly super too!

I'm sure they'd be accepted for the exhibition no bother as they capture the moment and the jizz superbly....unlike some pictures that make it through!!! :eek!:

Glad I'm not on the judging committee - I'd be putting them all through! :t: :-O

4 for sure! Don't forget submission date is now Sept ;)
Yes, 4 for sure! After that I think I prefer 1 to 2 but I like them all. I also wholeheartedly agree with your reasoning in submitting a couple of them. That's always the philosophy I use it determining what to submit for shows, not that it necessarily works out. But still it seems completely right - show what you spent time and energy on. Hope your audience catches up!

No. 4 by some way for me, tis wonderful.

Number 3 next...

All wonderful behavioural pieces that speak a thousand words...

Hi Tim! Oh, I'Ve been here all along. Just not saying much. Difficult for me to do!!
For what it's worth, I like all of the "Sharpies" you have shown us. But, not as much as I like your "regular" watercolors.

Forgot to tell you I have really enjoyed poring over your book! It's a real inspiration. And thanks for the personal touch of your magic on the title page!

Sid

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back