• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not a good day (1 Viewer)

jayuk22

Hello all, ive just got a new job as a bus driver, and while driving through the local High St, this pigeon came down onto the road. so i slowed down within good time and thought i had frightened it up, anyway after i turned around at the bottom end i came back past where i slowed down and i seen it dead in the road, that was not good, i felt horrible, so when i got home i decided to do a bit of birding and found myself my first Short-Eared Owl, so my day was 50/50 really, but i still feel guilty about the pigeon.

Oh dear. Don't feel too bad -easier said than done, I know. But think of it this way, at least it wasn't the other way round ;)

The first day out in my new car, I ran over a rabbit! Still, at least it was food for the redkites.

Chin up.

Commiserations about the pgieon but congratulations on the SEO :bounce:

Did you get it down at Greatham Creek area?

There were three there agian this evening and three Peregrine up at Hartlepool :t:

IanF said:
Commiserations about the pgieon but congratulations on the SEO :bounce:

Did you get it down at Greatham Creek area?

There were three there agian this evening and three Peregrine up at Hartlepool :t:
Hello Ian,
i got the Owls at the back of The back of saltholme pools (if that makes sense)
where abouts in H/pool were the peregrines spotted, id love to see one of them, my favourite bird. im waiting until winter to see one round the north tees area.

One is hanging around the pylons behind the tank farm near Tioxide which is been seen regularly but the ones I saw tonight were up at Hartlepool - obviously a family so they will be around.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back