• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kite Heaven (1 Viewer)

Gaz Shilton

United Kingdom
Went to Gigrin Farm the other weekend. Was amazed at how close the Kites and Buzzards come when feeding time comes around. Thoroughly enjoyable day out and would recommend it to everyone who would like to see these magnificent birds up close...

Attachments

• DSCN0091.JPG
    DSCN0091.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN0099.JPG
    DSCN0099.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN0105.JPG
    DSCN0105.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 124
Personally, I would recommend the Chilterns area of Southern England. You will be surprised at how low they fly around the fields and towns.

Is it as good as they say then Gaz? - I have read about the farm a few times - and seen the website. We too have "new" Kites here in the borough of Gateshead (20 recently released), but the idea of seeing so many in a feeding frenzy along with Buzzards and other raptors from what I've heard still seems too good a treat not to visit.

The only problem I have, and i don't mind travelling, is that part of the country or island (Wales) is not a place I travel extensively. It's in the "perhaps one day" section.

Steve

Quacker said:
We too have "new" Kites here in the borough of Gateshead (20 recently released),
Steve
Steve, one of those came from the CCTV nestwatch project (of which I was a volunteer) here in the Chilterns. So look after him for us. ;)

I Went To Gigrin Recently, Did You See The White One And Go On The Nature Trail. We Were Reccomended To Stay Behind As The Kites Come Back And Stay For Hours, We Were There Until 7.00

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back