• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

identify the bird pls? (1 Viewer)

From top to bottom there's Eastern Stonechat, Pied Bushchat, Red-wattled Lapwing, Hoopoe, Black-winged Stilt, Pochard in the middle with perhaps a Coot and a little Grebe further left, Common Myna and Red-vented Bulbul

Hi drprasanna!
Agree the ID conclusions, possibly except the Stonechat, because the extent of white on the rump isn't visible. I saw many stonechat taxa on my recent, but all too short, visit to Gujurat, when the extent of wear and fading of plumage was highly variable. Might be the semi-resident Saxicola indicus Indian Stonechat, of course, but Eastern Siberian S. stejnegeri certainly a contender: wish we had found some! For winterers, had to make do with Western Siberian S. (m.) maurus and possibly 'Caspian' S. maurus variegatus.

The birding in Gujurat was superb.

By the way, when you say "I shot this bird...", I take it you meant photographically and not literally!
MJB

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back