• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BirdsEye - bird-finding app (1 Viewer)

jedigrant

BirdsEye is an iOS app (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) that interfaces with eBird to help the user find birds and birding spots in the US (minus Hawaii) and Canada.

Due to the inherent limitation of using eBird, BirdsEye won't replace books or internet resources for finding birds, but it is an awesome supplement. I wouldn't want to travel anywhere without it now.

Here's my full review of BirdsEye

FYI:
  • BirdsEye does NOT upload data to eBird, though this functionality is in development
  • a Droid version is also in the works

Thanks Grant!

BirdsEye now has a new app called Bird Log. It provides fast, easy and accurate data entry into eBird. No messing with files, the data goes right in. You can create checklists even when there is no data connection for later submission.

Android is available now, iPhone coming soon.

I have used the new Bird Log app on my iPhone for the past two days. All I can say is fabulous. It is quick and easy to use. After using two other apps to record sightings in the field, which were slow and cumbersome to use, and then having to reenter the data at day's end into the eBird web site, this new app is a joy to use.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back