• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID eastern shore Maryland (1 Viewer)

CPL940

I enjoy seeing various birds on my property but do not know what some of them are, especially the smaller ones. Can anyone tell me what bird this is? I noticed it for the first time today, it caught a worm.

Attachments

• IMG_8074.jpg
    IMG_8074.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8146.jpg
    IMG_8146.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 90
A Gray Catbird ;)

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum. :t:

Thanks. Here's a couple others...

Thank you for quick response and the warm welcome. Here's a couple more birds. The first one looks like a catbird with more white than grey to me. The one with the red head I see quite frequently.

Attachments

• IMG_8163.jpg
    IMG_8163.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_8152.jpg
    IMG_8152.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 107
Thank you for quick response and the warm welcome. Here's a couple more birds. The first one looks like a catbird with more white than grey to me. The one with the red head I see quite frequently.
First one is a chickadee of sorts, though - it has a typical chickadee/titmouse head pattern. Second one is one of the rosefinch group, a House Finch I guess.

House Finch and Carolina/Black-Capped Chickadee. Black-Capped would be very uncommon in your area (the species overlap is very distinct, with few Black-Capped's venturing further south), but is possible. I tend to lean towards Carolina just based on range itself.

Edit: Cross post, I agree with Jeff

Last edited:
The first bird is a Carolina Chickadee; it's June in the Delmarva Peninsula. The other bird is a male House Finch.

Thanks everybody for your assistance. There's a few others too, now that I'm paying attention there are quite a few different birds that visit. I'm attempting to photograph as many as possible before posting.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back