• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question for a Kind Birder (1 Viewer)

melissat

Hello,

My name is Melissa and I am currently living in Colorado. Soon I will be getting a tattoo in an attempt to represent my freedom and independence, having moved away on my own, and perhaps even uniqueness? What better to serve the purpose than a beautiful bird. I'd love to have something that accurately represents where I have come from and/or where I am now- North Dakota, Minnesota, and Colorado. Do any of you art and bird lovers have a suggestion or two? I'd love your expert opinion!

Hi Melissa
Welcome to Birdforum and welcome to the artforum. I wonder if you might get some inspiration from glancing through some of the artworks which you'll find lurking in the deepest recesses of these threads. I'm sure there'll be some birdy-image which takes your fancy.
I could only offer one word of advice and that would be - think long and hard before including a "special someone's" name as part of the design - I know a few people walking around with shopping lists on their arms ;)
Good luck!

My only advice would be to go on your own instincts as to what represents your present 'state'...[forgive the ambiguous pun-like term]...;)

You will find a design that appeals more than others i'm fairly sure in due course....[might be a bird...or even a butterfly]...?

All the best in your search....only you know the 'right' design....:t:

Been the owner of a few large Tattoo's, all over my body,research your art very well, select the item that you know fits your freedom and independance, dont put up with second best, as itll be a reminder to you that it wasnt what you wanted. and above all, be mindful of were on your body you place this piece of art. (some Companies that you may work for in the future may dislike tattoos on show - especialy in the catering trade). And above all remember its there for life. Surgery can eradicate them, but at a cost of finance and pain.
OK, Cautionary Rant over.........

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back