• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from San Antonio, TX (1 Viewer)

New member to the Forum, just wanted to say hello. I found this place while searching for the answer to how I can get swarms of thirsty honey bees away from my hummingbird feeders. I'm sure I'll have more questions on other topics as I look around.

:hi:

Hello scarletssdad
Welcome to the forum
I am afraid I don't know how to
Get the bees away from your feeder

My apologies

Dylan

Hi Scarlettsdad and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to your contributions.

D

Another welcome to the BirdForum, scartlettsdad. We are glad to have you aboard!

I am not sure about how to discourage the bees. Perhaps you will just have to endure until they decide to leave, unless someone here can come up with a satisfactory solution!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't know of a way to keep them off of the feeders, unless you buy feeders that have bee guards.

Hi Scarlettsdad and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach :t:

What I do when the bee population gets too bad is to cut the amount of sugar I put in the mixture. Instead of 1 part sugar to 4 parts water, I'll do a 1 to 5 ratio and that seems to cut back on the bees a great deal and the hummers still sip from it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back