• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from New Mexico (1 Viewer)

bosquebirds

Birdbrain on El Camino Real
Hello, all. I'm Ingrid from Albuquerque, New Mexico and I'm proud to say that we have some of the best birding in North America. I spend many week-ends at the Bosque del Apache Refuge, photographing and having a great time. Even though the Bosque is best-known for its winter cranes and geese, there are wonderful birds all year-round. I'm just a toddler when it comes to birding, but enjoying it more and more, learning as I go. Lately, there have been flocks of white pelicans passing through, hanging out for a few days, then catching thermals at mid-day and heading southward. What fun!

Hello Ingrid and a very warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BF.

Don't you just love watching the birds in the thermals? We have all levels of birders here on Bird Forum so I hope you make yourself right at home.

Ingrid,
Welcome to Birdforum. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do! I agree you have some great birding in New Mexico. We visited Bosque del Apache in November several years ago and loved it. Looking forward to hearing more about your local birds.

Hi Ingrid,

Welcome to Birdforum.

I have seen your picture of the White-faced Ibis in the gallery, what stunning bird it is.
You are really lucky to have all these beautiful birds coming your way.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back