• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wren or Warbler? Lunt Nature Reserve, UK today (1 Viewer)

Hi all

I took this today and I'd like to identify this little chap because it could be significant to the reserve depending on the outcome.

There was a bit of a discussion as to whether it was a Wren or a Warbler so I thought I'd ask you guys.

If it's any help it was a small bird jumping around the bramble, but its tail was never in the upright position that you always associate with Wrens, but it's wing pattern suggested it was a Wren.

Any help appreciated because I know you lot will sort it :)

thanks

Attachments

• warbler-001.jpg
    warbler-001.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 77
  • warbler-002.jpg
    warbler-002.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 79
Thanks Andrew. Yes, that was noticed, but I think the fact that it's tail was never upright made people curious - even when it was calling as seen it the last photo.
I took a picture early this year of a Wren singing it's head off at the top of a tree with it's tail pointed downward pale underside looking like some kind of undocumented species of warbler..
It dawned on me much later it was a Wren acting in a manner I was unaccustomed to seeing...

I took a picture early this year of a Wren singing it's head off at the top of a tree with it's tail pointed downward pale underside looking like some kind of undocumented species of warbler..
It dawned on me much later it was a Wren acting in a manner I was unaccustomed to seeing...

Sounds exactly like my experience :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back