• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

buying decision: Swarovski SLC HD 8x42 or Zeiss Victory 8x42 T*FL (1 Viewer)

MeisterE

Hej!
I want wo buy a binocular for hiking, hunting and birding.
After testing many binoculars there are finally two options left.

Zeiss Victory 8x42 T*FL
Swarovski SLC HD 8x42

Which one would you choose and why?
I testet both and it´s really hard for me to make a decision:smoke:

Thank you for your help!
Hej from Austria!
MeisterE

Last edited:
As I said above. Buy the one you are most comfortable using. One of them will feel better to you in use. One you will be able to point to the target more instinctively. One will feel better in your hands. Look for things like that.

Bob

As I said above. Buy the one you are most comfortable using. One of them will feel better to you in use. One you will be able to point to the target more instinctively. One will feel better in your hands. Look for things like that.

Bob

I tend to agree with Bob. I have tried both and it is going to come down to the individual feel of both in your hands, how comfortable the eyecups fit your face, the focusing speed/tension, etc....

We could probably spend the next few days dissecting the minute differences between the two but that won't necessarily help you make your decision. Handle each, look through each and see which you prefer.

Well said, Steve... whereas it's 'crystal' clear the Swarovski is Austrian smooth?

Nice pun, James, but I think you will find a fair number of people who have either owned or tried Swaros who would dispute that statement.

The smoothness of Swaro focusers is one area where there's still room for improvement in regard to consistency.

Brock

Brock, it wasn't so much a statement of my opinion but a play on words, as you surmise. I do say, with some conviction through experience, that the ultimate smoothie is a Nikon.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back