• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Victory 8x42 SF £1499 @ Uttings (1 Viewer)

Don't quote me on this Taxboy, but I think Zeiss made a sort of early production "grey" SF which may have had one or two issues. That might be the one you saw at £1450. I think Uttings sell the later black SF at the full price.

The model number shown in the Uttings link is 52-42-21. That is for a grey 8X42 SF.

Here is a post on the SF model numbers.

http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=3490007&postcount=16

The original SF had grey armoring. Zeiss announced the new model numbers for the black armor versions at the 2016 Birdfair.

Changes are minor.
- Changed armor from grey to black with some texture change.
- Added an additional click to the eyecups so there are now four positions.
- Refined the tolerances on the focus mechanism for more smoothness.

They are optically unchanged. The new eye cups can be obtained from Zeiss and they are screw=in replacement. The new focus tolerances were implemented while the grey models were still in production but I do not have a date.

Thanks for adding to my original post. The depth of knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I recently purchased the grey 8x42 and black 10x42 in June to compare.

The only noticeable thing to me is the eye cups and of course the color.

I love these Bino's and it kills me to part to with one of them.

If anyone in the UK is interested in buying my 8x42's, I will be in Ascot during the last week of August for work. I could probably give y'all a sweet deal considering the exchange rate. Let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back