• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

not a bird (1 Viewer)

hunterpaul

IMG_9401.jpg

just finished this... its not a bird I know... but would like to show you guys anyway... Paul

click on the link...

Last edited:
fantastic Paul, the attitude is something special and alive....I'm not a fan of "floating heads" so if you do another, maybe experiment with a way to let it fade into the background instead of just ending part way down. It's a strong work, and has great power and feeling....so this carp in no way distracts for my admiration of what you've done.

Last edited:
cheers colleen.... I see what you mean, but this is a little practise, before I do a dog commission that has long hair... so I will keep that in mind.... Paul

Totally with Colleen on this one Paul. The eyes have it, as they say, and the fur/hair is beautifully handled.

Do post the dog if you can when it's done.

Mike

Wonderful art of work, Paul. It almost looks like it's ready to jump out and love the details on the hair. Very well done and although it's not a bird, it's an absolutely amazing piece of art. Would love to see the dog one when you are done with it. Keep us posted

Absolutely fantastic, lions have always been my favourite animal and I really admire your image. Spectacular work.

King of the jungle for their regal look, and you certainly captured that!

Oooooh very nice! :clap: :t: I love it!

I thought it was a pastel at first glance but on closer examination I can see how much detail you've put into the fur :t: Tis fabulous! :king:

Yes, you MUST show us the dog when it is done :king:

Ha - Sorry Paul, I've been on holiday!!!! You need neither my approval nor sanction for any of your work, as you well know, but I happily give both anyway - although I do hope that doing so has the opposite effect than you suggest, as I have no desire to 'put this one to bed' as it should be enjoyed for the wonderful portrait that it is!
Fabulous work, Paul - now POST THE DOG! ;)

cheers tim... hope you had a good holiday... the dog is underway as we speak... I have been through the mill with it though.... will post and fill in all the trials and tribulations, very soon... Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back