• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Constructive critique (1 Viewer)

easty1

Being a newby at photography sugestions on how to make this capture better
DSC01679.jpg

The composition is beatifull, there are who like birds pictures without distractors elements in the background, there are another who like showing the context, the vegetation too. I see no too sharp the image, you need master telephoto techniques, the use of tripode is necesary for take sharp images.

Is common croping the images for better framing

I recommend you read:

http://www.digitalbirdphotography.com/windows/cover.html

I've taken your advice and sharpened up another capture in the same sequence see below And I can definately see a improvement
DSC01680.jpg

Still a long way to go before I'm happy with the shot but I'm learning

I am no pro in photography (I would be happy with a cellphone capture ;-) ) but I was going to suggest sharpening the image as well which you seem to have done quite well in the second picture. I for one like it. Beautiful capture.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back