• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Under exposed for unknown reason (1 Viewer)

Thank you VERY much Fugl. I just read the description. This is a lot smaller than a Cooper's Hawk, almost Pigeon sized. It had white spots on the back and no eyebrow line, so I was uncertain. Now, if I remember, the red eyes weren't mentioned in the description of the Merlin. I have zero experience with any of this, just watching my feeders, but one thing at a time, that's how things get done. I don't know why I couldn't find the Sharp-shinned. It's a perfect example, isn't it?

Last edited:
If this was shot in near darkness it is certainly not underexposed. As Roy pointed out, the whites are actually overexposed. Overall it looks pretty good for a shot in low light.

Mike

Agree.

This is underexposed. Beavers are active at night. This shot was in darkness, it is dark for the required shutter speed. I could not see it in the finder at all, I had to trust the AF to lock it.

Attachments

• DSC01290small.JPG
    DSC01290small.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back