• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nordkapp, end June (1 Viewer)

Jurij Hanžel

Registrirani uporabnik
Our school is organising an excursion to Nordkapp in the time mentioned above. I'm not sure I'll go at all, but I'm still curious about the birds. As this is a school excursion the only possibility of birding is keeping an eye open for roadside birds and anything I can see on the cape itself. So, can I expect anything "decent" (anything that doesn't appear in Slovenia is meant here) on Nordkapp?

Thanks in advance, Jurij

Well, the problem is I don't know that either. So I'm more or less asking: Can I see anything interesting when I look down from Nordkapp or on the cape itself?

Jurij Hanžel said:
Well, the problem is I don't know that either. So I'm more or less asking: Can I see anything interesting when I look down from Nordkapp or on the cape itself?
Of course, if you have possibility to walking around your stopping places. When you are in the coast of sea, there is a lot of species, which breeds in the maritime habitat. White-tailed Eagles, Kittiwakes, Shags, Ducks, Eiders, Plovers, Sandpipers, Skuas, Gulls, Auks, so I think so that you will see something new. :hi:

Jurij Hanžel said:
Thanks very much Hannu, that's the info I wanted!

I've never been to Nordkapp itself but there are plenty of birds to be seen in the area in June. Not just seabirds, but many species of wader on roadside pools and passerines like Wheatear.

Be aware about the cost of visiting the Norkapp itself. Not cheap I've heard.

Well, it's a school excursion and the price is quite low. It's about 625 euros for 12 days + daily costs (food etc). I now have the exact route and found out that we were also visiting Finland. I'll probably get the most of birding during a cruise across Lofoten Is and Lake Inari will probably be good as well. I'll write a trip report when I come back home ...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back