• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memory cards for Kyocera SL300 & 400R (1 Viewer)

Rob Smallwood

I am looking around for new memory cards for my cameras - Sandisk 512 seem to be around £25 delivered from Amazon which seems pretty competitive.

Does anyone know any better sources or makes?

I'm no expert but these memory cards have different 'write' speeds. Make sure this is one of the faster ones. I bought 'Kingston pro elite', which have the faster write speed, from 'digitaldepot.co.uk' who were the cheapest at the time. Having a quick look on there it would seem that Sandisk are a little more expensive and a similar price to the one you quoted gets you the slower card.

Dont know if i've helped you or confused you.

Graeme.

You need write speeds in excess of 5.5mb/sec to take advantage of high res movie mode - not even some so-called fast cards achieve that.

However, the Kingston Elite Pro that Graeme points out are even faster than that, and there are some good deals on Amazon at the moment - Bytestor are particularly cheap, but I've never used them so can't recommend.

I'll be buying a 1gb card in the next few days, but haven't decided which yet.

Whatever you choose, I'd recommend the fastest type. I bought slower ones and now I've got to invest again because I fancy using the movie mode.

I used an I-integral 1gb in my Kyocera - was fast enough to deal with the movie mode without any problems.

Over the last year or two everytime I've had to buy memory I've found Amazon to be about the best for it, often significantly cheaper than some of eth other well known retailers.

Sandisk Ultra II SD
http://www.picstop.co.uk/Secure-Digital-(SD)/Order_4/Page_3
1Gb = £54.70 512Mb = £32.40 inc VAT

I am not sure but I think there is a limit to card size @ 1Mb for SL400R need to check in the manual.
512Mb has plenty of capacity even when multi-shooting - you will probably flatten your batteries first! unless you have an external pack.

The Sandisk Ultra II are very good and their support is excellent. One of my cards died and after a quick email and popping it in the post I had a new one within a few days.

Thanks all.

I thought I'd picked up a reasonably priced Sandisk 512 from Costco at about £30 only to find the same card on offer at £25 at....Tescos!

External Battery Pack

Digital Dingbat said:
Sandisk Ultra II SD
http://www.picstop.co.uk/Secure-Digital-(SD)/Order_4/Page_3
1Gb = £54.70 512Mb = £32.40 inc VAT

I am not sure but I think there is a limit to card size @ 1Mb for SL400R need to check in the manual.
512Mb has plenty of capacity even when multi-shooting - you will probably flatten your batteries first! unless you have an external pack.
External battery pack for SL 400r where would I go to purchase one of these? I have been looking on the web without success thanks
Nev

N.Grant said:
External battery pack for SL 400r where would I go to purchase one of these? I have been looking on the web without success thanks
Nev

Contact BF member Deja-vu - he makes up simple kits which do the job fantastically well. £6 or so - I've been using one for a year and it's a must-have.

battery pack

hornet said:
Contact BF member Deja-vu - he makes up simple kits which do the job fantastically well. £6 or so - I've been using one for a year and it's a must-have.
Thanks for your response, no sure how I find Deja-vu but I will look Thanks again
Nev

N.Grant said:
Thanks for your response, no sure how I find Deja-vu but I will look Thanks again
Nev

Try top right of this page - Resources - then click on Member List. Go to D and scan through - once you find him you can send him a private message.

Whilst most BF Kyocera owners appear to be on this thread, Alpha Digital Services (who now run Kyocera's service) have the 28mm filter adaptors in stock at £5 each.

Regards

Mark

Deja-vu said:
Whilst most BF Kyocera owners appear to be on this thread, Alpha Digital Services (who now run Kyocera's service) have the 28mm filter adaptors in stock at £5 each.

Regards

Mark

I missed the above posts I currently have a small stock of battery packs they have unfortunately increased in price though to £7 ;)

Deja-vu said:
I missed the above posts I currently have a small stock of battery packs they have unfortunately increased in price though to £7 ;)

And it's still the best value bit of digiscoping kit on the market - don't even think about using a one of these cameras without one. The battery life will drive you nuts.

And thanks for sharing the service address. Looks like the one to have if (like me) you're hoping to keep this camera going for a few years yet.

hornet said:
Try top right of this page - Resources - then click on Member List. Go to D and scan through - once you find him you can send him a private message.
OK thanks I have now found him and sent my e-mail cheers
Nev

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back