• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

I come across quite a few optical manufacturers offering cashbacks, they are mostly only available in the US, which is annoying especially if you are looking for a brand new bin.

That is what I thought that I would just pass on that Vanguard currently have a £40 cashback offer on all their ED models in the UK: http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/blog/40-cashback-on-vanguard-binoculars-08/

I am not aware of any other manufacturer cashback deals in the UK at the moment - does anyone else know of any that I can add?

I come across quite a few optical manufacturers offering cashbacks, they are mostly only available in the US, which is annoying especially if you are looking for a brand new bin.

That is what I thought that I would just pass on that Vanguard currently have a £40 cashback offer on all their ED models in the UK: http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/blog/40-cashback-on-vanguard-binoculars-08/

I am not aware of any other manufacturer cashback deals in the UK at the moment - does anyone else know of any that I can add?

The Vanguard one is the only one I've come across -- makes the Endeavour ED even more of a steal at the price. Excellent price / performance ratio made even more compelling.

WEX £29.99 today, matching JESSOPS price but they did not have to, but maybe decision made before sad news of Jessops.
Jessops a few were still in stores only at £29.99 but poor old Jessops.

In case anyone is still interested in the 8x32 T FL Victory binoculars from Uttings, please let me know - I am about to buy a 85 diascope from them, and they offer a special discount for the kit, with the 8x32 included. I would be willing to sell them on, completely new and unboxed, with all the Simon King accessories, papers etc., for £700 with shipping (provided that their offer is still valid when I order them).

This has to be a bargain - a bino that has a retail price of more than £90 (in non-Olympic livery) that can be had for under £30!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1357832773&sr=1-1&condition=new

Presumably without phase correction coatings so a slightly soft image. That is speculation as I have not tried them. I note that they do not have the same construction as the non Olympics model, so they are not the same, and might be inferior. That is a guess.

Presumably without phase correction coatings so a slightly soft image. That is speculation as I have not tried them. I note that they do not have the same construction as the non Olympics model, so they are not the same, and might be inferior. That is a guess.

They are identical except for the colour of the bridge and the logo.

The 10 x 25 Nikon Olympic I tried yesterday in cloudy conditions.
The performance is good, say middle quality.
Some pincushion near the edge, perfect collimation this sample, edge a bit soft, wide field not yet measured, some multicoated surfaces some uncoated, weight average.
I don't like the angled look at the front, but that's just me.
The left hinge correct stiffness, the right hinge a bit loose on this sample.

The great point if as advertised is that it is waterproof so should have good resistance to fungus in humid conditions, so should last.

Similar in performance to an old double hinged 10 x 25 Minolta.

The Docter 10 x 25 is better.

I personally don't like the logo, never have, may cover it in artificial leather.

Certainly worth £30.

Last edited:
BTW thanks to admin for changing the thread title.

I mentioned on another thread about Focalpoint having advertised a used Zeiss 10x40 B T* P* (did P* versions exist without G?) advertised at a low price. Could be a Whitby cod for someone (battered classic).

Do Wexphotographic still sponsor Birdforum? Well anyways should mention they're also doing the sub £30 deal on the Nikon compacts.

Carmarthen Cameras have what seem to be good deals on a used Nikon EDG 10x42 and used Nikon ED50 scope with 13-40x zoom EP :t:

Been cloudy for weeks but last night tried the 10 x 25 Olympic Nikon EX on Saturn and the elongated shape was nicely shown and as good as in the 10 x 25 Docter.

The crescent Moon and earthshine were tonight equally well seen in both binoculars.

The field of the Nikon is wide and star images are good.
Very little evidence of ghosting or flaring.

In fact a surprisingly very good optical performer with a wide field.

The only real improvement would be to have more surfaces multicoated rather than uncoated.
Maybe this is a good sample or they are usually this good.
I tried the Docter on a high flying aircraft and the view was beautiful, very contrasty, very colourful but did not have the Nikon to compare.
This Nikon special is very good, at least this sample, and maybe wider field than top makes?

In addition to typo's post above, the demo section of Sherwoods has had some updates recently. Lots of goodies there.

Noticed some used classics appeared today in the lcegroup used section, all in Colchester (maybe a collection?). A couple gone already. Someone has a few bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back