• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen 8x32? (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

Zen-Ray Waterproof Binoculars, Summit, 8x32, New In Box, ZRS Phase Coating, ZEN Saw these on the auction sight! Nobody here got there hands on one? Bryce...

Bryce, thanks for pointing that one out. Very interesting. That person does not tell what part of the country they are in. Item Location: United States. It won't be me that buy that one. Money is tight as I have just moved.
Rob.

Last edited:
Bryce, thanks for pointing that one out. Very interesting. That person does not tell what part of the country they are in. Item Location: United States. It won't be me that buy that one. Money is tight as I have just moved.
Rob.

Not that I need one! The fov was listed as 388? I also thought it was supposed to be the zrs HD not the vista or whatever? $200 starting bid? Don't think so! I don't even see it on there web site? Must be a prototype I would assume? Bryce...

This was posted on Facebook last Wednesday by Zen-Ray...."32mm ZRS HD binoculars are just around corner. More details will be available on June 10th."

All, what was posted on the ebay is a prototype 8x32 we built in 2007. It never entered into production due to various quality concerns. This one must be one of the evaluation units we sent out. That model has old plastic body and does not have dielectric coating.

On the other hand, we are officially launching 32mm ZRS HD mid-sized binoculars. They have Mg alloy chassis like their fullsize 42 siblings. The weight is less than 16oz and the length is 4.7". They are on our website now.

http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/zrshd8x32.html

Thank you for your support.

Charles

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back