• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM3 60 Digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Gander

I have had a MM3 60 for a couple of months and am really happy with it. I am now starting to look at digiscoping with it, but know diddly about it. I don't use a smart phone, but I do have a Nikon Coolpix P4. Is this a suitable camera for digiscoping with the MM3 60? If not, what would be a good choice?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice Pete. As you know, I went for the smart phone option, so looking forward to giving digiscoping a go. Wife is pleased because she has been chasing me to get a smart phone for years. Looks like the Nokia Brick is finally getting retired.

Gander,

Happy to hear you chose to do phonescoping. I do a great deal of it with the MM3 60 and 50 mm along with, currently, an Iphone 6S. I have a thread about it over in the Digiscoping general forum. I also started a Facebook group (if you do Facebook) for Phonescoping a couple of years ago. If you need any help/suggestions then please let me know. I would be happy to share anything I have picked up over the years. It can be a great deal of fun. :)

Here is a pic I took this past Sunday while out on a Pelagic trip. Not my best by far but considering the circumstances I was pretty happy with it. Unedited except for a crop.

Attachments

• Gull.jpg
    Gull.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 144
Thanks Frank. I'll look out your thread. I don't do a lot of facebooking, but will be sure to drop you a line if (when) I get stuck. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back