• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Damsel & dragonflies from Mount Nemrut, Turkey (1 Viewer)

AlexJPemberton

I saw the following damsel and dragonfly at around 1500m on Mount Nemrut in central Turkey. So far I've not been able to pin them down to anything in the fieldguide. One of the damselflies appears to match Common Blue (E. cyathigerum) but there others don't....

Many thanks

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_1239a.jpg
    IMG_1239a.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1104a.jpg
    IMG_1104a.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 88
Vagrant Emperor for the dragonfly, and I believe that all three of the damselflies are Common Blues (the middle one certainly is).
The damselfly in the second and fourth photos has an abnormal, but not exceptional S2 marking for Common Blue, and has reduced black markings on S8 (the eight abdomen segment), but I can't think of anything else that it could be (and other features fit).

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back