• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (1 Viewer)

is western reef heron an old world bird!? never heard of it!

Edit: I just looked it up. oh my gourd. you a lucky person.

yes, it is an extremely rare old world bird that comes in dark and light morphs. I beleive there have only been 3 records (this the third ;) ) and they show up on the east coast

although there are only three records, it has shown up in 5 states and 2 provinces, due tot he fact that many believe that it is the same bird.

although there are only three records, it has shown up in 5 states and 2 provinces, due tot he fact that many believe that it is the same bird.

I honestly could believe it if these turned out to ALL be the same bird. It's been seen in, from north to south:

Newfoundland
Nova Scotia
Maine
New Hampshire (by 1 person)
Massachusetts
New York
New Jersey (by 1 person)

The ME/NH bird was believed to be the same one, as someone had photographed it flying north in NH from a whale watch near shore.

The NY/NJ bird is believed to be the same since a person saw it in some random marsh, then a week or so later, it was discovered right across the bay.

I don't know anything yet about the Mass. bird (Nantucket) or the NF/NS birds.

Well, a Great Kiskadee has turned up in Mclennan county, TX at lake waco!!!!
the second county record!!! I'M off to see it this thursday so wish me luck.

and wednesday (tommorow) im getting braces :'(

Well, a Great Kiskadee has turned up in Mclennan county, TX at lake waco!!!!
the second county record!!! I'M off to see it this thursday so wish me luck.

and wednesday (tommorow) im getting braces :'(

Lake Waco... that always cheers me up. Sorry to hear about the braces! Well the kiskadee should compensate for that.

And remember, right now a dozen random kids from all over the country are boarding planes, all of them destined for Tuscon, AZ. Camp Chiricahua (Cheer-ih-cow-ah) begins today! Have fun everyone!:t:

Hi, eh? Greetings from Alberta. Jasper National Park to be precise. Not much time to talk, got to go birding, but I will update in detail this evening. 5 life birds: Goshawk, Sora, Canada Warbler, Red-necked Grebe, Eared Grebe! Nice pics, will post, I have a potential avi pic too.

Yep, got great looks at it. Unfortunately, it wasnt as theatrical for me as it was for birderbf, but it did do dome rather unusual poses. Great bird.

Apparently it's not as picky in real estate as the Pink-footed Geese who decided to spend their winter on the grounds of the Newport Country Club, but I'm shure the worst spot in Brooklyn is a little bit of an improvement over Africa;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back