• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Norfolk - Hunstanton (1 Viewer)

Kevin Groocock

Hi All

Just wondering if any locals could give me the worth of walking from Hunstanton east towards Holme or west towards Heacham in early April? I am very familiar with the birding "hotspots" in north Norfolk, but considering something different and this is an area I have not previously considered. I will be staying at Searles for three nights.

Thanks in anticipation :t:

Especially as I cannot swim well ;)

Wow, a hippo that can't swim is unheard of!

The walk towards Holme is quite pleasant, and the bushes act a bit of a migrant trap, especially in April, so might be worth it. The golf course sometimes has something of interest on it too (i.e. not golf!).

The walk south from Searles can also be interesting and is an underwatched spot perhaps?

If you walk on the inland embankment wall, you have chalets on the right which can be good for Black Redstart and paddocks on the left which can be good for Ring Ouzel and Yellow Wags. Once you get into Heacham, you need to get to the southern end of the village to pick up the northern end (if you see what I mean!) of the Snettisham coastal park.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back