• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice or opinions please (1 Viewer)

Hi Folks
I am new to the birding area and have a conundrum. I have a K-x and a DA 55 - 300. I am conssidering either a Vivitar 1.4A Teleconverter or a Rokinon 500m 6.3 lens. Which one would you choose? Thanks in advance.

Steve

I have the same as you, and have not yet upgraded for birding, but the shop I bought the lens from said it was not good enough for a converter. I have no other grounds for saying that, but it would lead me to buy the 500m which would give you 750mm and might do.
I can get "nearer" with an Opticron adapter and cheap camera on my scope. If you have a scope, then that maybe the way to go for about £200ish

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back