• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus 14-42mm zoom comparison? (1 Viewer)

Steve O4B

Optics4Birding.com
I've been using an Olympus 14-42 II R kit zoom lens with my Panasonic G6 on a Kowa TSN-884 with excellent results. I recently came across the Panasonic 14-42 EZ zoom lens, which has a power zoom and is nearly as short as a pancake lens. Has anyone tried the EZ? If so, what are your results?

I've been using an Olympus 14-42 II R kit zoom lens with my Panasonic G6 on a Kowa TSN-884 with excellent results. I recently came across the Panasonic 14-42 EZ zoom lens, which has a power zoom and is nearly as short as a pancake lens. Has anyone tried the EZ? If so, what are your results?

Steve,
I noticed you didn't get any response to your question. I had a quick look through the literature and it seems that this wouldn't be an improvement over your existing lens. It needs to be stopped down to f8 for best Sharpness and it has CA. It will fit in your pocket though.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back