• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yet Another Shooting (1 Viewer)

Those on the "dark side" seem determined to keep our area of the country at the top of the raptor black hole league we need to target the owners rather than those acting under orders.

i know rose dale very well,stayed there many times ,you get to the village on B roads that crisscross the north Yorkshire moors in stunning scenery some of the grouse buts are very close to the road,many sheep,and many grouse are killed by BMW,s and Audis,more i suspect, than any raptor, i never saw any birds of prey at all the many times i stayed there, very heavily keeper ed, perfect habitat for hen harriers but you wont find any goshawk breed in nearby wyikham forest cannot make a home round here i suspect the raptor shot would have been a buzzard, rose dale a very beautiful raptor free place, twats.

Those on the "dark side" seem determined to keep our area of the country at the top of the raptor black hole league we need to target the owners rather than those acting under orders.

Are these keepers really acting under orders, I wonder, or under their own initiatives? I could imagine moor owners employing keepers to "do their job" of maximising game stock and simply turning a blind eye as to how they achieve it - but I honestly have no idea what really goes on here. Anyway, it's no excuse not to make the employers responsible vicariously.

Why do I keep reading these articles. All I do is get even angrier and sadder. At this rate I will need to visit my Dr again to up the dose for my blood pressure pills.

Makes me want to buy a shotgun and take up shooting.... I won't be aiming at the birds however..............

Are these keepers really acting under orders, I wonder, or under their own initiatives? I could imagine moor owners employing keepers to "do their job" of maximising game stock and simply turning a blind eye as to how they achieve it - but I honestly have no idea what really goes on here. Anyway, it's no excuse not to make the employers responsible vicariously.

Yeah, or the owners could give the keepers written instructions not to molest predators, not pay their fines for them, sack them when they are found out and turn them out of their tied cottages, encourage the withdrawal of their firearms licenses for this criminal activity.... get real. The employers insist on predator removal.

John

Yeah, or the owners could give the keepers written instructions not to molest predators, not pay their fines for them, sack them when they are found out and turn them out of their tied cottages, encourage the withdrawal of their firearms licenses for this criminal activity.... get real. The employers insist on predator removal.

John

Very true John,
If the big boss says "Don't do it !" It wont happen. As you imply loss of job, home, prospects etc is a far bigger deterrent than anything the courts may choose to hand down.
Do you require a licence to run grouse shoots ? Perhaps if that were in jeopardy it might focus a few minds too?
Be lucky
David

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back