• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can Anyone identify this bird song? (1 Viewer)

The Lord

Hi, I am new to the Bird Forum but I would love to know what bird in my garden finishes its little song with a distinct 'wolf whistle'.
It somtimes sings all day long.I live in Surrey...England.
Any Help would be great...thx

Hi The Lord,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

Starlings have a very variable song so LB could well be right.

I would guess starling as well. They tend to mimic sounds that they've heard and can sometimes be very realistic.

Welcome to Birdforum.

The Lord said:
Hi, I am new to the Bird Forum but I would love to know what bird in my garden finishes its little song with a distinct 'wolf whistle'.

Hi and welcome,
I'll go for Chaffinch.

Andy

Thanks for helping me but none of these are right (i think).
The wolf whisle bit of the tune is quick and quite high pitched but very distint as well.

hawker/ might be breeding song of blackheaded grosbeak??

undefined/
The Lord said:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back