• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CJ Wildbird Food (1 Viewer)

GrahamR

Hi All,

I have just sent of the order form from CJ Wild Bird Food for some seed and peanuts, does anyone know how long it will take for it to arrive?

Thanks in advance

Graham

HI Graham
I've used Cj's in the past and they have always delivered, if not the next day, within two or three days. I believe they aim to dispatch the same day on orders placed before noon

Last edited:
GrahamR said:
Hi All,

I have just sent of the order form from CJ Wild Bird Food for some seed and peanuts, does anyone know how long it will take for it to arrive?

Thanks in advance

Graham

I think their delivery time is fairly speedy.

Simon is right. Next day if you get your order in before noon. Otherwise, the day after. Rarely more than that. I find their service top class.

GrahamR said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Graham

If you sent the order by snail mail, delivery will depend on the post office actually delivering the order form ;)

Hi All,

Simon was right, i ordered it at 11 am on tuesday, and it arrived at around that time on wednesday, top class service.

I can't fault their products or service - top class, but it beats me how any of you can afford to feed birds at the prices charged by any of the mail order companies. As it is, buying in bulk locally from either pet shops or farm supplies, I spend in excess of £20 a week, but everything on CJ's price list is usually double what I pay, it's not a critism, just I am gobsmacked, you must be rich people! ;)

songbird said:
I can't fault their products or service - top class, but it beats me how any of you can afford to feed birds at the prices charged by any of the mail order companies. As it is, buying in bulk locally from either pet shops or farm supplies, I spend in excess of £20 a week, but everything on CJ's price list is usually double what I pay, it's not a critism, just I am gobsmacked, you must be rich people! ;)
I just looked at their website. I bought 20kg of sunflower hearts last week from a local pet shop - not known for its cheapness. They seem to match the "premium" quality on the web site as there are no black or non-hulled seeds there. I paid £20-00; the web site price was £34-00 + pp! I was rather taken aback.

seems like your paying for the quality and speed of delivery on top of the food itself. 24 hour delivery must bump the price up, surely!

salty said:
seems like your paying for the quality and speed of delivery on top of the food itself. 24 hour delivery must bump the price up, surely!
I don't think so. The seeds I bought were A1 and they arrived from the supplier to my house in 20 minutes!

(-;

GrahamR said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Graham

Most internet firms take 2/3 days but you can ask for next day delivery and that costs only one pound extra.

scampo said:
I just looked at their website. I bought 20kg of sunflower hearts last week from a local pet shop - not known for its cheapness. They seem to match the "premium" quality on the web site as there are no black or non-hulled seeds there. I paid £20-00; the web site price was £34-00 + pp! I was rather taken aback.

Take a look on google wild bird food for the best prices and you will find some very big savings and exceptional quality and service.

I also think the prices are quite expensive, BUT in my experience, you get what you pay for.

I did a little test a while back, and ordered some birdfood from another supplier. It was much cheaper, and guess what, the birds left most of it. So to my mind it's a false economy. I pay more, but there is no waste at all.

Try to find a local mill or supplier specializing in bird food. I am sure you will find it much cheaper. I am fortunate that Vine House Farm (who advertise in the birding magazines) is not far from me, and also the local mill stocks bird food. Collecting from them is much cheaper than having it delivered

Last edited:
Geoff Brown said:
Try to find a local mill or supplier specializing in bird food. I am sure you will find it much cheaper. I am fortunate that Vine House Farm (who advertise in the birding magazines) is not far from me, and also the local mill stocks bird food. Collecting from them is much cheaper than having it delivered

I have found that I get the best quality from those who produce the feeds, for they are far more specialized in all departments. I have also found that the smaller supplier always beat the big boys not just on price but also quality and service. Those who live in South Lincs are very fortunate with two suppliers within three miles of each other, and I'm sure like me they have made very big savings by trying both. I ended up saving £20 pounds on three bags
Phil

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back