• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ATM 80HD Filter Query (1 Viewer)

jon481961

Can anybody help? Does the filter on the ATM 80HD screw on to the objective lens hood and so move away from the objective lens when the hood is extended?

Thanks
Jon

No, it screws into the body. Filter thread is M82x0,75.

John

I think this is unlikely. The ATS scopes have a filter thread on the hood, not the body, and as the new scopes are basically the same design (just made of magnesium alloy) I can't see them being any different in this respect.

Steve

Sorry folks!
After studying a cutaway drawing in a Swaro catalogue it would appear that the hood slides inside the body instead of outside, as on Zeiss, Meopta and probably the new Leica Televids.
That would explain the strange sighting devices on Swarovskis instead of the sighting rails on the external hoods of the competition.
Seems the Swaro philosophy is a bit like Mercedes' - why make it simple when you can make it complicated?

John

Not sure what you're talking about. Slides inside? Complicated? The Swarovski scopes are the most efficiently simple design out there.

I agree, the ATS (and probably ATM too) series has the best ergonomics and design of any scope, imo.

Not sure what you're talking about. Slides inside? Complicated? The Swarovski scopes are the most efficiently simple design out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back