• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BatBox III for sale on ebay (1 Viewer)

gyrfalcon

Forum Member
Hello,
In case anyone's interested..
I've just posted a BatBox III, heterodyne detector on ebay, together with "The Bat detective" identification guide book and CD.
Excellent, inexpensive "starter kit" for anyone wanting to identify bats.

PM for particulars

Best of luck,
Peter Jones

Jos Stratford said:
Anybody got experience of this equipment?

What sort of price would it be new?

Hi Jos

About £130-140 new. I've used them, or similar, in the past. It'll allow you to tell the difference between pippistrelles and so on. It's really a bog-standard box. Good fun if you go for a wander above or below ground.

Gus

Also included is the Bat Detective book and CD which is £19.95 when purchased new, and will enable you to identify the following UK bats using the batbox:

"Species featured: Pipistrelle (Pipistrellus pipistrellus), Serotine (Eptesticus serotinus), Noctule (Nyctalus noctula), Leisler's Bat (Nyctalus leisleri), Long-eared bats (Plecotus auritus and Plecotus austriacus), Nathusius' Pipistrelle (Pipistrellus nathusii), Barbastelle (Barbastella barbastellus), Whiskered and Brandt's bats (Myotis mystacinus and brandtii), Daubenton's (Myotis daubentonii), Natterer's bat (Myotis nattereri), Bechstein's bat (Myotis bechsteinii), Greater horseshoe (Rhinolophus ferrumequinum), Lesser horseshoe (Rhiolophus hipposideros). "

Best Regards,
Peter

Gus Horsley said:
Hi Jos

About £130-140 new. I've used them, or similar, in the past. It'll allow you to tell the difference between pippistrelles and so on. It's really a bog-standard box. Good fun if you go for a wander above or below ground.

Gus

resurrecting old thread!

Someone has lent me a Batbox III but unfortunately there is no documentation or instructions. Could someone give me a quick idea of how I use it?! I tried on Google but everything seems to be geared to the Batbox IIID - the digital version. This is the original non-digital version.
Thanks,
Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back