• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 Golden Ring HD (1 Viewer)

Nice review. It's interesting that you got the Zeiss classic rainguard to replace the stock one. I got the same rainguard to use on the Nikon EDG. For me, one piece rainguards, like Nikon SE and the Zeiss, are much easier and faster to put on and off. The only down side of the Zeiss rainguard is its weight. On the Leupold, it adds about 1 oz to an already heavy 32mm bin.

Had them out today. Darn they are good...

I took the pair I got from Twobits on an Audubon group outing on Saturday. It was the first chance I had to get them out in the field. To say I am happy with them would be the understatement of the year. I love them. It's my first and probably last pair of really good binoculars. They are all I hoped they would be.

I took the pair I got from Twobits on an Audubon group outing on Saturday. It was the first chance I had to get them out in the field. To say I am happy with them would be the understatement of the year. I love them. It's my first and probably last pair of really good binoculars. They are all I hoped they would be.

The Leupold Gold Ring HD 10 x 32's are no slouch either. I had hoped to find a good condition HD 10 x 42 and, sensing that all that was available had seen some hard use in the hands of hunters,"settled" on a new old stock 10 x 32. I, too, am amazed by this binocular, and while the 32mm version is no doubt dimmer than its 42mm cousin with shallower depth of field, this binocular is still a delight to use in good light conditions and far better than I had expected.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back