• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8X32 Golden Ring HD : original price ? (1 Viewer)

DadraFromFrance

France
This model is discontinued but what was the price (USA an Europe) because i have an opportunity to buy these binos news (old stock from a french seller).
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hi,

There was an HD and non-HD version with a noticable price difference between the two. I picked up a similair pair, 8x32 HD new old stock, from an ebay seller that had multiple pairs on hand. Believe I paid around $550 US (think full retail was around $1000). Thought that was pretty good as I've seen non-HD second hand pairs trying to sell for $500+. I eventually sold them because I had EL's and SE's, and believe I got around $485 for them off of ebay. The buyer was very happy with his purchase. Believe this was a couple years back. HTH,

CG

Thanks guys ! I'm shure that's a HD version, new, with box, strap and the instruction for use. But the price is a bit expensive for a destocking : 650€ (=877$). I don't know if it's possible to registred the lifetime guarantee because it's like a second hand product.

The model number for the 8x32 HD binocular is 62800. The non-HD model number is 61400. Make sure to check the product number. I have seen the HD's go for $500-600 on eBay. Paid $400 for mine & feel I got a great deal. $800 seems steep if used.

Last edited:
Thanks guys ! I'm shure that's a HD version, new, with box, strap and the instruction for use. But the price is a bit expensive for a destocking : 650€ (=877$). I don't know if it's possible to registred the lifetime guarantee because it's like a second hand product.

Leupold offers the best warranty service in the business for its Golen Ring products. Here is their policy:
"If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies."

Leupold offers the best warranty service in the business for its Golen Ring products. Here is their policy:
"If any Leupold Golden Ring® product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace it. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies."

Just curious, but what will they replace it with???

CG

You are right, I also found their policy here : http://www.leupold.com/resources/leupold-warranty-infomation/
Thanks Chartwell99 :t:

Just curious, but what will they replace it with???

CG

I would expect that Leupold as a practical matter has had to replace very few defective binoculars and that there is an inventory of models and parts retained for this purpose. I have a 10 x 40 Gold Ring porro from the mid-80's which needed new rubber eyecups. Leupold supplied them from its inventory without charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back