• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 23/30 EP (1 Viewer)

statestat

Response to old thread. Had to send an EP in last year. Not sure what Zeiss did to improve my eyepiece, possible upgrade, but after using the zoom loaner they provided side-by-side, I ultimely preffered the fixed 23/30 for eye relief mainly (eye glass wearer), and the FOV is impressive. The returned 23/30 has a much improved view, good resolution and little to no color fringing. Did not notice the yellow color tinge till mentioned but for dawn/dusk hunting applications this may be intentional. bottom line when I had the loaner zoom I could not resist 'constant adjusting the magnification', it was fun, but was almost relieved to have a fixed mag back and settle in and enjoy the relaxed. If you can find a 23/30 it is adequate magnification and enjoyable. Good service from Zeiss and the loaner was greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I bought the 85 mm Diascope with the 30x eyepiece and was very satisfied. I concluded that higher magnification meant a heavier tripod and therefore less portability. Certainly, eye relief should be a consideration for those who wear specs.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back