• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peter Scott Art (1 Viewer)

Duffee18

Hi there! I'm new to BF as of today due to the fact that my Grandmother wanted help with cleaning out her loft.
Whilst cleaning out her loft, we came across 3 paintings of Peter Scott. I haven't looked at them closely enough yet, but they are all signed by him and framed. They are mounted - no idea if they are glued to the mount or not as I know that can devalue them (especially if the mounting has faded - which it look like it has)
Tomorrow I will take some pictures of them and upload them if you'd like to see them. I'd love to know more about them and see what they are worth. As my Grandmother would like to sell them!
I look forward to hearing some replies!

-Duffee18

Hi there! I'm new to BF as of today due to the fact that my Grandmother wanted help with cleaning out her loft.
Whilst cleaning out her loft, we came across 3 paintings of Peter Scott. I haven't looked at them closely enough yet, but they are all signed by him and framed. They are mounted - no idea if they are glued to the mount or not as I know that can devalue them (especially if the mounting has faded - which it look like it has)
Tomorrow I will take some pictures of them and upload them if you'd like to see them. I'd love to know more about them and see what they are worth. As my Grandmother would like to sell them!
I look forward to hearing some replies!

-Duffee18

Before your granny orders the new Ferrari, a word of caution. They are most likely prints rather than originals, and therefore worth virtually nothing, but it's definitely worth looking more closely, just in case.

Hi Duffee18

A friend found a painting by Scott, sadly didn't make a lot of money. He did a lot of paintings, but I hope you got something special and worth a bit.

All the best Nigel

I'll look at them more closely today but cheers guys for your response. How would I tell the difference? And I really don't want to put them on eBay because I hate that website and I'd rather these go to someone who fully appreciates them!

Peter Scott Oil Painting

HI
I've been very fortunate; was gifted a large oil painting of Nene (?) geese painted by Peter Scott for dear friends of his - a commision for their wedding anniversary. It is almost a meter wide. Beautiful. The foreground is particularly well painted - the rocks and log look three dimentional. I love it. FAR too big for my house unfortunately, so it leans against various things so that I can see it.

Attachments

• Peter Scott.jpg
    Peter Scott.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back